Hello, my name is Miranda Galego and I am a 20-year-old student at the University of Toronto. There are many pet-friendly areas in my neighbourhood consisting of parks, forests and trails. Being surrounded by animals all my life has given me the opportunity to nurture my love for animals and my passion for caring for them. I have cared for a range of animals with differing needs, whether that be dietary restrictions, separation anxiety, or PTSD, etc. Currently, my family and I own 4 cats; Lexi is the welcome wagon, Spike is the soft sweetheart, Simba is the shy giant and Lulu is the timid angel. They all started out as rescues from various horrible situations, but with love and care, they all became apart of our forever family. My family and I have had the opportunity to be a foster family for abandon animals for as long as I can remember. International Paws Toronto (https://www.petfinder.com/member/ca/on/mississauga/international-paws-toronto-on533/), have allowed me to assist with private adoptions as well as adoption events. I have cared for various kinds of animals with different temperaments, needs/disabilities, and backgrounds. International Paws Toronto has given my family the amazing opportunity to foster animals from many different backgrounds, ranging from Egypt to the General Toronto Area. I hope that by viewing my profile you have gotten a slight sense of my character and background. I assure you that I have experience with various kinds of animals and I am always eager to meet more.
This is our second time using Miranda, she is very responsible and our Arnie just loves spending time with her. Will definitely use her services in the future. It’s nice to know our fur kid is well looked after when we travel. Thanks Miranda!
We're so happy to have found such a reliable sitter for our kitties - we've already rebooked Miranda four times! I love how she not only does the feedings, but takes the time to visit and play with our cats every time. I highly, highly recommend her to anyone looking for the best care for their pets.
What kind of care are you willing to provide? How exactly do you envision the service in your home?
· I am prepared to provide any kind of care the animal may need to feel comfortable and safe. I am willing to treat every pet I encounter like my own. I envision the service in my home to be as diverse as the animals I encounter. I will cater to the pet’s needs as best as possible.
Would the dogs have access to all of your home? Will they be allowed to sleep in your bed/bedroom?
· Yes, the dogs will have access to all of my home. Given that the animal, as well as pet owner, is comfortable enough with me, they will be allowed to sleep in the bedroom.
Would you be home with them all the time?
· When an animal is scheduled to be in my home, I will try my best to be there with them all the time. If there are specific needs of an animal that must be met, the owner and I will discuss what is the best environment for their pet.
Do you have a fenced in backyard?
· My backyard has a beautiful view of the forest, there is a fence between my backyard and my neighbour’s backyard.
How many dogs will you accept at the same time?
· The number of dogs that I will accept into my home at the same time will depend on the temperament, size, and personality of the other dog’s present. In terms of dog walking, home visits per day, and home dog boarding, that will be dependent on the expectations of the pet owner as well as my own schedule.
What services do you offer and what’s included in them?
· I offer home dog boarding, doggy daycare, dog walking, home visits and house sitting. What is included within these services will be discussed between myself and the pet owner, depending on the dog’s needs.
How long are your dog walks, home visits etc.?
· Dog walks can vary depending on the time of day, owner’s desired length of the walk, and physical ability of the dog. Home visits can range from 15-30 minutes dependant on the terms the pet owner and I agree on.
If you offer home boarding or daycare: What is your home like? Do you have a backyard? Is it fully fenced? Are your gates safe and secured?
· My home is spacious, pet-friendly, and safe for all animals. My own cats are independent and have never been confrontational with any other animals that have entered my home. I do have one cat that is friendly that has been great at welcoming any rescue animal that we may foster. I do have a fully fenced backyard in addition to various trails and parks/forests in my area. My backyard includes a gate with a latch that is safe and secure if the pet owner desires I can put a lock on the gate.
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, in-house customer support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, no booking fees, no change fees, daily updates and more!