Hello, my name is Miranda Galego and I am a 20-year-old student at the University of Toronto. There are many pet-friendly areas in my neighbourhood consisting of parks, forests and trails. Being surrounded by animals all my life has given me the opportunity to nurture my love for animals and my passion for caring for them. I have cared for a range of animals with differing needs, whether that be dietary restrictions, separation anxiety, or PTSD, etc. Currently, my family and I own 4 cats; Lexi is the welcome wagon, Spike is the soft sweetheart, Simba is the shy giant and Lulu is the timid angel. They all started out as rescues from various horrible situations, but with love and care, they all became apart of our forever family. My family and I have had the opportunity to be a foster family for abandon animals for as long as I can remember. International Paws Toronto (https://www.petfinder.com/member/ca/on/mississauga/international-paws-toronto-on533/), have allowed me to assist with private adoptions as well as adoption events. I have cared for various kinds of animals with different temperaments, needs/disabilities, and backgrounds. International Paws Toronto has given my family the amazing opportunity to foster animals from many different backgrounds, ranging from Egypt to the General Toronto Area. I hope that by viewing my profile you have gotten a slight sense of my character and background. I assure you that I have experience with various kinds of animals and I am always eager to meet more.
I can't say enough good things about Miranda's care for our cats Hazel and Riggy! Over our two-week trip, she visited our home twice per day, and sent us updates on how the cats were doing every singe day! I never thought I could feel so at ease leaving my fur babies for that long, but Miranda's consistent communication and obvious passion for animals made it so easy. She even managed to bring our shy and skiddish Riggy out of his shell within a couple of days. We will absolutely be using her again next time we're out of town!
I had to go on a last minute trip and I chose Miranda for two visitations per day for my pet cat, Billy. She did an amazing job taking care of him and I couldn’t be more grateful! Miranda followed all of the instructions and was very attentive to detail. Billy was a bit off standish at first but Miranda won him over pretty fast! She sent me updates on a timely manner with videos and pictures which I really appreciated. She made this whole experience very comfortable for me and most importantly, comfortable for Billy! I would definitely book her again. I highly recommend Miranda! 💕
What kind of care are you willing to provide? How exactly do you envision the service in your home?
· I am prepared to provide any kind of care the animal may need to feel comfortable and safe. I am willing to treat every pet I encounter like my own. I envision the service in my home to be as diverse as the animals I encounter. I will cater to the pet’s needs as best as possible.
Would the dogs have access to all of your home? Will they be allowed to sleep in your bed/bedroom?
· Yes, the dogs will have access to all of my home. Given that the animal, as well as pet owner, is comfortable enough with me, they will be allowed to sleep in the bedroom.
Would you be home with them all the time?
· When an animal is scheduled to be in my home, I will try my best to be there with them all the time. If there are specific needs of an animal that must be met, the owner and I will discuss what is the best environment for their pet.
Do you have a fenced in backyard?
· My backyard has a beautiful view of the forest, there is a fence between my backyard and my neighbour’s backyard.
How many dogs will you accept at the same time?
· The number of dogs that I will accept into my home at the same time will depend on the temperament, size, and personality of the other dog’s present. In terms of dog walking, home visits per day, and home dog boarding, that will be dependent on the expectations of the pet owner as well as my own schedule.
What services do you offer and what’s included in them?
· I offer home dog boarding, doggy daycare, dog walking, home visits and house sitting. What is included within these services will be discussed between myself and the pet owner, depending on the dog’s needs.
How long are your dog walks, home visits etc.?
· Dog walks can vary depending on the time of day, owner’s desired length of the walk, and physical ability of the dog. Home visits can range from 15-30 minutes dependant on the terms the pet owner and I agree on.
If you offer home boarding or daycare: What is your home like? Do you have a backyard? Is it fully fenced? Are your gates safe and secured?
· My home is spacious, pet-friendly, and safe for all animals. My own cats are independent and have never been confrontational with any other animals that have entered my home. I do have one cat that is friendly that has been great at welcoming any rescue animal that we may foster. I do have a fully fenced backyard in addition to various trails and parks/forests in my area. My backyard includes a gate with a latch that is safe and secure if the pet owner desires I can put a lock on the gate.
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, 24/7 support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, daily updates and more!