1. Choose the service you require, then enter your location and choose your dates. Check out the sitter’s reviews, location and rates, and select 2-3 sitters you would like to contact. It’s a good idea to contact more than one sitter to ensure that you find the one that your pet likes the most.
2. To contact a sitter, use the contact button. This is free and without obligation. Only use the book now button if you have already met the sitter and discussed the details. Confirm your dates and then tell the sitter about your pet. Include any likes and dislikes or special requirements they may have.
3. Sitters should respond to your request within 24 hours. Once your sitter has been in touch, it’s time to arrange a meet and greet. This is where you meet in person so you can determine if the sitter is suitable for your pet.
4. If the meet and greet went well and your pet is happy, make the booking by clicking on the “Book now” button in the message thread. To ensure the safety of your payment, the amount will be held by Pawshake until the booking is complete.
It is important to make the booking through Pawshake to benefit from payment safety, The Pawshake Guarantee, veterinary coverage, booking guarantee and access to in-house customer support. A sitter should never ask you to make a direct payment to them.
5. Once your sitter confirms the booking, you are ready to go! Have any additional questions or want to change or cancel a booking? Contact our friendly customer service team who would be happy to assist you.