Hello! My name is Melissa.
Are you searching for a pet sitter? I have flexible scheduling and fair prices. Do you currently have a regular sitter? No problem! I can fill in for your sitter if he or she is unavailable. Do you need a sitter who has the experience and patience necessary to look after your puppy? I’m right here!
I have wanted to work with dogs my entire life. When I was a young child, I often mentioned "veterinarian" as my dream job and even though it isn't in the cards for me, I am exploring different options to work with animals for the rest of my life.
It’s difficult leaving your dog with a stranger and letting them into your home. I will do what ever I can to make you feel confident about leaving your family member with me. I will always have your dog’s best interest at heart even if it means being overly cautious. Your dog’s safety is #1. I will go above and beyond for every dog. I will treat your dog like it’s my own.
~Experience and Skills~
Since becoming a sitter, I have looked after many puppies and several adults. I have work with different sizes, ages, needs, personalities and breeds. I will research everything there is to know about your dog’s breed to give it the best care.
• I have knowledge from raising a puppy with my family when I was young. I have looked after about 10 puppies professionally since February 2019.
• I have experience with basic obedience training and obedience training. I have the ability to recognize changes in a dog’s behaviour, habits and health.
• I know basic grooming techniques such as bathing, trimming nails, removing matts and brushing fur.
• I am willing to tackle any challenges your dog may have, but please note that there may be some that I’m unable to help with.
• I am motivated to continuously educate myself and keep current with training techniques, animal care, dog behaviour, body language, common health issues, common health issues for specific breeds and much more.
I will live in your home for the duration of my stay. I will look after your dog, home and anything else you may need like getting the mail or putting out recycling/ garbage. This is my full time job, therefore, I will see about 1-5 dogs a day. The rest of my time will be spent at your home or doing errands.
Your dog (s) will enjoy a walk in your neighbourhood or else where in the city, on a trail or your dog can enjoy socializing at one of the Guelph dog parks with your permission.
This service is mainly for letting your dog outside to relieve itself and to be fed (owner’s discretion) because this is most important while you are away. Afterwards, activities such as playing, grooming and training will be provided.
Important things to note:
• Even though I primary offer services to dogs, please let me know if you need me to check on any other pets you have.
• I will not accept dogs that have cropped ears or tails (unless there is a proven medical reason for either).
• Please have your dog updated on all shots
If you have any questions, please send me a message!
Thanks so much for spending time with Rosie! We didn't worry about her at all knowing you were taking care of her😊
Book via Pawshake to enjoy The Pawshake Guarantee, in-house customer support, booking guarantee, safe cashless payments, no booking fees, no change fees, daily updates and more!