Being a pet sitter and offering your services on the Pawshake website is free. Only when you get a reservation will you be liable for a 19% contribution to Pawshake. This contribution allows us to effectively and efficiently manage the community as well as to provide you with online payments, marketing and customer support.
We are entrepreneurs ourselves and encourage entrepreneurship. We hope that, with Pawshake, people will be able to make their hobby a job. Every tax situation is different and depends on your personal circumstances. We advise you to discuss your situation with a tax expert to determine the best course of action.
PayPal accounts are free, and you don't need to have a credit card to open one. More than 100 million people have PayPal accounts. Go to www.paypal.ca to open an account.
No. All payments must be made through the Pawshake platform. By using the Pawshake platform, you commit to making your initial and future reservations on the Pawshake website. You will find more information on this topic in our General Conditions.
Pawshake transfers the sum owed, at the latest, seven business days after the pet sitting service is completed.
First of all, contact the owner of the pet that you are responsible for and explain the situation to him or her. If this person can't be reached, consult our Emergency Guide. This guide explains what you can do, the people to contact and provides veterinarian addresses. You can also contact Pawshake.
Of course. You are totally free to decide which animal you'll take responsibility for. Your calendar also allows you to give your availability.
If you're a pet owner, you know it can be difficult to part ways even temporarily with your animal. That's why we encourage pet sitters to regularly send photos to pet owners. Text messages are also very popular. That way, owners can enjoy real peace of mind. All this is possible via the website and the Pawshake app over the course of the animal’s stay.
Cancellations by pet sitters are very inconvenient for animal owners. On a platform like Pawshake, everything is decided by trust.
Therefore, we reserve the right to remove pet sitters who are not reliable. Even so, if, as a pet sitter, you truly cannot satisfy your obligations, you must make it known seven days in advance. For every cancellation, Pawshake reserves the right to verify the account of the pet sitter to see if there are grounds to suspend or remove them.
Our emphasis on reliability creates a community where all animal owners and pet sitters feel totally confident in engaging each other.
Pawshake already offers the possibility to promote complementary services. In the future, owners will be able to reserve these services directly on the site.
After the validation of your profile by the Pawshake team, you can officially start as a pet sitter.
You can gain owner confidence and increase your number of reservations by making a complete and personable profile on the site
- Give a full description of yourself and your environment,
- Upload high-quality photos, especially ones of you handling animals
- Respond as quickly as possible to reservation requests
- Do a great job and get positive ratings
- Promote your profile on social networks like Facebook, Twitter
No problem. You can always offer to travel to pet owners' homes to care for their animals. In this case, your profile will indicate that you offer pet-sitting services without lodging.
In order to keep the site as simple as possible, we propose that you select standardized services: a home visit per day, or two visit per day, housing in the owner's home, etc.
Do not select the option "Home Visit" in your profile. That way, animal owners will know their pet is welcome in your home, but you would not travel to their home for pet sitting.
I signed up as a pet sitter, but my advertisement isn't visible on the Pawshake search engine. What should I do?
You should allow for an average of 30 minutes before your profile is visible on the search engine. During this period, you can still review your profile by clicking on the column labeled "Summary," in the upper-left corner of your account.
At the time of registration as a Host you have selection a cancellation policy (flexible/normal/strict). If the booking is cancelled by the Guest, the cancellation policy selected by the Host will apply. This could result in a full/partial or no payment depending of the cancellation policy you have selected.
The payment process on Pawshake is fully automated, so neither the Host nor the Guest needs to worry about the money.
When making a booking request, the Guest enters his or her payment information, after which the amount due for the booking is reserved.
Once the Host has confirmed the booking, the Guest's credit card will be charged.
Once the booking has ended, Pawshake will transfer the amount due for the booking minus Pawshake's contribution (19%) to the Host payment account.
When a Guest makes a reservation request they are asked to enter their payment details (credit card or Paypal account). The payment is drawn when the Host confirms the reservation. Once the reservation is confirmed, Pawshake keeps the money in escrow until the end of the booking. The Host will be paid at the end of the booking. The payment process on Pawshake is fully automated for both Hosts and Guests, so neither the Host nor the Guest needs to worry about the payments.
No, Pawshake pays for all the transfer fees. There are no hidden fees on Pawshake.
If you decide to cancel your Pawshake account, Login > Settings > click on the link the remove your account (bottom right)
Yes, pet sitters registered on Pawshake are covered against third party claims. Also, the guest pet is insured during the period of booking!
Pawshake has your backing with a free Insurance covering for all services booked through our site or mobile app! This means that you will benefit from ultimate peace of mind.
- Care, Custody, Control – veterinary coverage for animals in pet sitters’ care, custody and control: This section provides veterinary coverage for the guest pets in the pet sitter’s care, custody or control. There is a $350 deductible for medical claims covered by the pet owners.
- Public Liability Insurance – covers pet sitters against third party claims: This section will pay those sums that pet sitters become legally obliged to pay as damages because of bodily injury to a third party person or damage to property of a third party. Claims are subjected to a $350 excess payable by the pet sitter at the time of the claim.
For more information, please check https://en.pawshake.ca/insurance
There are no upfront or ongoing costs for insurance. This is covered in the portion of the fee paid to Pawshake.
Please note - there is a $350 excess on medical expenses. What does this mean? In the unlikely case of an emergency, the pet sitter pays up to $350, and if the claim is successful, Pawshake pays the remainder. This cost is to be negotiated privately between the sitter and owner following the booking. If the cost of the visit is less than $350, this cost is to be negotiated privately between the sitter and owner.
See http://en.pawshake.ca/insurancedetails for all the details
1. Payments from an unconfirmed address
To claim the payment:
- Click the link provided in the email from PayPal.
- If you have a PayPal account, Log In.Otherwise, click Sign Up.
Once you log in or create a PayPal account, the money you've claimed will appear in your account. If it doesn't, log out of PayPal and click the link in the email once more, then log in again.
2. Payments to an email address not linked to your PayPal account
If Pawshake sends you a PayPal payment but sends it to an email address that isn't linked to your PayPal account, you have to claim your payment by adding that email address to your account.
To claim the payment:
- Click the link provided in the email from PayPal.
- If you have a PayPal account, click Log In. Otherwise, click Sign Up.
- If you're creating a new account, use the email address where the payment was sent as your PayPal address.
- If you're adding an email to an existing account, click the Continue link. Check your email for the confirmation message from PayPal and click the link in that email.
- On the email confirmation page, enter your PayPal password and click Confirm.
- Click Go to my account and you'll see the money you've claimed appear in your account. If it doesn't, log out of PayPal and click the link in the email once more, then log in again.